Echoes Of The Future 16 – The Minutes
The Minutes are a rock ‘n’ roll band, plain and simple; unrepentant and unrelenting. Live, they are a force of nature and are being hotly tipped to explode all over 2012. We got them to sit still for 5 minutes and tell us a bit about themselves.
1. How long has the band been together and how did you all meet?
As The Minutes we’ve been together just over 4 years, but been playing together in different bands for a lot longer. Myself and Mark are cousins, so we met the day I was born then Mark met Tom in college, the rest is boring history.
2. Where did you get your name from & what does it mean?
I always thought bands with names really, really long were stupid. A band name means nothing and everything at the same time. It should be international where if you meet someone in a club or pub and they ask the name of the band you can say it once and don’t need to explain it. The Minutes was simple, and doesn’t mean anything.
3. Describe your sound for us & who would you say were your biggest musical influences?
Our sound is nothing new, but no one has ever heard us 3 playing it and that’s what makes it special and new. We all have different influences as musicians but one thing that we have in common is our love for Rock & Roll. That sound that will never get old, that sound that makes you wanna punch someone in the face, that sound other shit music doesn’t have.
4. And what about non-musical influences?
Everything in life can influence your music. Great experiences, hard lessons you’ve learned, mistakes…
5. Music can be a fickle mistress, what is your biggest high & low as a band so far?
I’m still waiting for that big high, as a band we’ve had so many low’s but that’s what makes you a better band, even a better person. I think the more blow’s you take it just makes you stronger and want it even more.
6. What one fact about the band do you most want to share with the world?
7. The old model of record demo-do gigs-get signed-make millions is pretty broken these days, what’s your plan to deal with this?
Make millions, live, die.
8. We journalists like to use easy labels to describe bands, what’s the worst thing you’ve seen yourselves described as?
Recently we were described as a Danko Jones covers band with fake Moustaches. Who the fuck is Danko Jones??
9. We’re loving what you do but who’s floating your boat right now?
To be honest, i don’t listen to new music. I know what i like, and if something comes along that hits me, then ill dig it. Last thing that hit me which was new was Jim Jones Revue, but they don’t sound new, thats why i like them.
10. What’s up next for you guys?
We got a lot of touring planned in Uk & Europe. An EP coming out in the States, with the album to follow, then it’s time for the second record which we are excited about. ‘Marcata’ is a document of us in a room in NY at that time, but the second album will be bigger and better. Come see us live and you’ll see.
Tags: Echoes Of The Future, Interviews, The Minutes